Getting started with Lego crafts
Lectrify components are sized to fit onto standard LEGO pieces. To get started, all you need is copper tape, a battery holder and an LED.
- Lay strips of copper tape in between the LEGO pegs. This will give you the best fit.
- Place components on pegs, remember to connect red to red and white to white.
- Make your own LEGO creation!
Getting started with sewables
Getting started with Shake it
Lay out materials for students.
Set up surfaces (rough, smooth, etc) for kids to test their ideas.
- Use the on/off switch to turn it on and observe what happens.
- Insert wooden legs or straws into the holes.
- Test different 'leg' configurations and surfaces to see how they influence direction and motion.
Other circuit crafts
access to A makerspace?
If your camp or makerspace has access to soldering equipment, check out our Very Useful Circuit kits which address more advanced electrical engineering concepts.